vrijdag 19 september 2008

First week in HK

That's it! I've survived the first week in Hong Kong!
It was a very busy week, but a very fun week.

The day of my arrival at Hong Kong I had my first field hockey training, which was an awesome experience and a good method to get 11 hours of sitting out of your legs.
The first training was at Happy Valley, which is not far from my apartment in Mid Levels.
The hockey pitch was in the middle of a horse racing track with huge skyscrapers surrounding it. Which looks very surreal, and it takes some effort to focus on the ball in stead of on the skyscrapers. Just after the training I went to have diner with Marcel and Madelon at nicholini's, a real nice restaurant with even better food. The evening was a real success, but after the diner I was stuffed and exhausted! I guess that night I had one of the best sleeps ever!

The next day Joe and Rachelle, my English Roommate and his girlfriend from the Philipenes, took me to the beach at Lantau Island. Where I could get used to the burning hot sun of Hong Kong, which has been shining the entire week.

My first working day, turned out to be a national holiday, so I could sightsee Hong Kong for one additional day. So I officially started my work placement period at cell-idea on Tuesday.
At my first day at work I had to go to the new office at Science park, where the company will move to in more or less 20 days. The new office is unbelievable nice, science park is an High Tech 'business village' where lots of the high tech companies are located.

The company staff is very nice to me and I get all the nice assignments.
Somewhere next week I'm joining the manager on a business trip to Shenzhen.
I'm really looking forward on meeting the designer team which the company is working with.

This weekend we'll be playing the first hockey match against the HK football club(which also has hockey teams). And I really looking forward and hope I'll make it out alive, before the heat strikes me down.

That's it for now guys,

See you soon!

3 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Hey Lieske, ik vind dat laatste voorstel perfect. Dat moet hij toch wel over hebben voor zijn jongste dochter en liefste schoonzoon in spé. Toch?? Wim???

Daan ziet er geweldig uit wat je schrijft. Is er nu echt niets dat tegenvalt??? Alles naar wens? Wat bende toch een mazzelpikkie.
Hier alles goed op de zilvermeeuwlaan we werken allen knoeper hard, maar dat geeft niet hoor dat zijn WIJ hier gewend!
Het eerste van HCE heeft vorige week gewonnen, dus pa is in zijn nopjes. Op naar de wedstrijd morgen tegen Asten, uit altijd lastig.

Nou Daantje op naar het volgende bericht. Schrijfs heel.
Heel veel liefs Dé

Op naar het volgende

Anoniem zei

Het moet dus eindigen met:

Schrijfs ze, heel veel liefs, Dé

Anoniem zei

Hé Daantje, hoest in HK? Laat eens ff wat van je horen, want het is maar stil hier op de site.

Groeten van Hans, Sas en de kids